Saturday, November 20, 2010

turkeys and twine

i'm sure everyone has seen the mittens garland going around blogland....i love it but i'm not quite ready to decorate for christmas.  so, last week i thought why not turkey garland!  this little craft started out as a family affair but i quickly became the one to finish it {i don't recommend starting it before bed time} luckily it was a pretty quick and easy one.  i traced every ones hands a few times on different prints of scrapbook paper.


 i also made some pumpkins and pilgrim hats.  then, i modge podged them all to give them a little extra stiffness.  next, i took some felt and cut out feet, beaks, eyes and the gobbler thing {anyone know what that thing is called?}.  after all that was glued on and dried i took some twine and glued them all on the twine.  simple as that! 
























 you could also have everyone write what they are thankful for on their turkeys for a little extra fun.  hope everyone has a great thanksgiving week!




8 comments:

  1. This is the most adorable project. I want to make one of my three kids. Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun project. And your kids are adorable. I'm visiting from Thrifty Thursday. Have a Great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =) LOVE it!!! Def doing that next year for turkey day! =) I'm a bit worn down to craft these days, but I'll def get the mitten garland done for Bradyn's tree. I'm actually getting a tad bit excited about decorating for Christmas. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, very very sweet!!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I think this is so cute. MEntal note for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea...I have been bummed for my lack of harvest decorations for Thanksgiving, I think I'll have to use this quick idea for place settings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen this in person and its adorable!!! I so need something to hang one of these on! Great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! We did similar - I printed the letters for Happy Thanksgiving and the kids colored them. Then the oldest kiddo glued them to pieces of boxes that I'd saved and cut them out and we strung them on twine. I have the toddler glue corn kernels on a few letters to practice her fine motor skills.

    ReplyDelete