Monday, August 16, 2010

reagan learned "the milky wave"

it's official...i have a school age child!  today was reagan's first day of kindergarten.  last night at bedtime she was telling me she didn't want to go, so i was a little worried this morning.  i knew if she cried i wouldn't be able to hold back the tears either.  well, she was all smiles this morning!  she didn't even complain once about getting her hair crimped! 





she couldn't wait to show off her new lunch box and backpack



j chuckled when i took this pic, but in a year or so we will have a new school and i want reagan to be able to look back at her first school when she gets older....





she was ready to work!!




you can see reagan on the far right in this pic....a few of the high school girls came in to welcome her, which she LOVED!!


sis. kirby was all smiles this morning too!!!




after we picked her up, we went and got some ice cream and we talked about her day....

me=did you have a good day?
reagan=yes, i want to go back, now!


me=did you sit next to jordan?
reagan=yes
me=did you talk to him
reagan=no i ignored him


me=so what did you do today?
reagan=we learned how to do the milky way
me=what??
reagan=we learned the milky wave 
(she's saying this like i should know what "the milky wave" is, i'm thinking candy bar??)
me=so how do you do "the milky wave"?
reagan=we get under our desks and cover our heads with our hands and the ground shakes
me=oh, you learned what to do in case we have an earthquake....(milky wave!!)
reagan= yeah, an earthquake....

i think i'm in for a year of laughs....



4 comments:

  1. I can hear her giggling now...ha! The milky wave! That's awesome! Reagan looked adorable for her first day of school. =) Love the leapord print accents in her outfit! Hope the second day goes as well as the first did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh SO cute! I teach Kindergarten and the stories are endless :) Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad i know the proper term for earthquake procedure now...Reagan looked so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete