Thursday, May 27, 2010

Part 2 of Long Legs=Short Skirt

Reagan had this cute yellow skirt from last year that was of course too short this summer.  So, like my last post, I up-cycled it!  Sorry I am blogland's worst at remembering to take a before pic so use your wonderful imagination....plain yellow skirt.  I bought the brown fabric from HL (I believe it was about a 1/4 of a yard).  All I did was measure how much longer I wanted the skirt to be and cut the fabric.  I did use the entire width, which was 54".  I sewed the right sides together and gathered and pinned as I went around the skirt to make the ruffle effect. Hem the bottom and the skirt is done! 


Now for the shirt.  I paid $3.50 for the shirt at WM. 













First, cut a strip of fabric the width you want your flower and fold in a circular direction. 





Once you lay the first flower on the shirt you will have to adjust it and possibly do some re-folding, then pin in place and sew. 



Do the same steps for the second layer of the flower just use a smaller strip of fabric. 



Then, sew on a cute button or jewel to cover up the middle. 


All done with a new outfit for about $7! Sorry, my model quit on me tonight, but you get the idea!







4 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOOOOOVE it. You are so creative. Thanks for sharing. I wish I had a sewing machine. I wish I knew how to sew. Sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How inspiring!!! I'm really going to try it. Honest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I don't sew but I can totally appreciate the cuteness of this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 OUTFITS FOR SCHOOL DOWN, FOR "NEXT YEAR" 20 OR SO TO GO....I LOVE IT ;)

    ReplyDelete