Monday, May 24, 2010

Long Legs=Short Skirt

Reagan's legs are getting longer and longer and her skirts are getting shorter and shorter.  So, I am having a problem finding skirts small enough to fit her waist that are long enough. So I took a couple of skirts that fit her well in the waist but are too short and added some length.  I actually made this original skirt and shirt last summer after seeing similar ones in boutiques for well over $30.  (Sorry I forgot to take a before pic, just imagine the hounds tooth in place of the denim.) 


The original skirt I had made was too small this year, so I cut the bottom off and sewed it onto the bottom of the too short denim skirt.  Seriously, this took all of about 10 min., (even with my not-so-much-a-seamstress skills), and now she can wear it another season.  I luv upcycling, recycling, or whatever you want to call it....I call it saving money....makes me happy inside!

                                                                                            please excuse Mason's head....
                                     

12 comments:

  1. Great idea! And, doesn't she look sassy modeling it! : ) I'd like to do this for myself ~ I love the denim and fabrics combined.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all Taylor jr. ;) Good idea for school next year! I might be taking some of Kennedy's jeans skirts to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sassy!!! Sweet Reagan...LOVE HER! Great idea. I remember that cute outfit and how amazed I was that you created it. You're such a fashion saavy mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some moms from my church and I were at the park today all talking about there not being any more modest length skirts that aren't a fortune.

    Thanks for sharing. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute...I would love to try this. I have this awful problem with finding skirts long enough AND my little 'lady' doesn't know how to sit too much like a lady!

    Totally cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! I love this sort of project too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo Hoo! Now that is adorable. One of my daughters had that same problem when she was young. You found an awesome solution to keep them in their cute clothes for another season. Thanks for sharing this at Woo Hoo! Wednesday and I'm so glad you are joining the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. I will have to keep this in mind for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is GREAT! well done! Happy Transformation Thursday <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, please check out my blog. You've been featured as this weeks Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If any diet choices seem to contribute to the occurrence of the
    condition determines how long it will last so the
    negative mental effects are still unknown. They
    soak up excessive oil with their high levels of nourishing ingredients,
    all of whom are potential prescribers to this product.


    Also visit my page - the acne killer

    ReplyDelete