Saturday, February 27, 2010

Shopping Your Friends Closet

We have all heard "shop the house," well how about shopping someone else's house, or better yet, their closet.  Kerri and I are going to sell our kids clothes from last season in a local consignment event in a couple of weeks, so we have been quite busy preparing.  You wouldn't think getting all of this stuff together would be such an ordeal but the sorting, ironing, hanging and tagging is quite time consuming. 
                                                                      

Since both of Kerri's kids are about a year older than mine it works well for me to shop her stuff before the sale.  This way I get first dibs and she gets 100% of her sales price instead of 70%, win win for both!  So last night we went shopping at "Hebert's Closet".  I loaded up for Mason and got some much needed semi-casual stuff for Reagan, she is finally starting to be able to wear her stuff for more than one season so she didn't need as much. 


If you have never shopped your friends closet I suggest you try it or at least search your area for consignment events and sales.  I have found that if you consign or work the sale you can get in early and will have the best selection, lots of brand names for a fraction of what you would pay retail.   Hopefully the clothes I will be selling at the event in a couple of weeks will more than pay for what I bought from Kerri.  That means I am dressing my kids for almost free and you can't beat a deal like that!

5 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! My friends and I actually have done that before. I have piles that I'd be ready to give to goodwill, and they'd take about half of it. :) Cute clothes for the kids you snagged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to have that 3rd first so I can shop your kids closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. I was linked from ? can't find it now...but I love the picture you did of your kids in your bathroom...I will blog lifting that! Thanks for taking the time to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the way to do it! I consign Madison's clothes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there--

    I found your blog via another blog that featured your spray-painted kitchen cabinets. Great job there! Then I got really interested when I read that you have red-haired kiddos and love Jesus. You're my kind of girl!

    I'm much older than you--my "baby" is almost 13 now, and my oldest is in college--but I'd still love to get to know you. Drop by and visit me at my blog if you have a chance. (http://impartinggrace-richella.blogspot.com). Meanwhile, enjoy your beautiful family and the home that you're creating!

    ReplyDelete