Thursday, February 4, 2010

Roadside Wreath-Take 1

I was driving through town the other day and just so happened onto a street that it was "that time of the month",  monthly garbage pick-up time that is.  I noticed one house in particular that had quite a large pile at the curb.  As I passed, I slowed down and low and behold they were throwing out some grapevine wreaths.  I turned my car around and snatched em right up. 


There were 3 wreaths in all!


I took the smallest wreath and put a bowl in the middle with some nuts, acorns and a candle in the middle and I now have myself a new centerpiece.  Here's the rundown on what this cost: wreath-roadside-free, bowl-had it-free, nuts-had em-free, acorns-out of the yard-free, candle-had it-free, ribbon-had it-free.  So that's a grand total of FREE!!  That's one 4 letter word I love to hear!!



16 comments:

  1. I love that you picked these up! When I was a kid (and my mom would be horrified by me telling this) we used to have "garbage picking Sunday." We would drive around town and find the most WONDERFUL treasures! Glad to see I'm not the only one who would do this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good curbside find! Very cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that turned out so cute and you didn't even have to go to HL Thanks for Coming to FREE FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - Free is good! Like your arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful arragnement - i love the bow around the candle!

    ~ Emily N.from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! =) Grapevine wreaths rock! (especially FREE ones!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great find....love it!

    dj

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! I don't think I've seen a wreath used like that before. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a little nest- love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Eye!

    way to pick the garbage..ehem, I mean roadside shop

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, lucky you! I would have stopped to pick those up too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Free is always the very best thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great!! You can never have too many grapevine wreaths..can't believe she was just throwing them away. People just blow my mind!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a buy! Can't beat that price and it looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have 3 grapevine wreaths that I got a yardsale - I paid a dollar for all three. Not as good as free, but still a good buy. Just haven't decided what to do with them yet:)

    ReplyDelete