Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mason's Room.....(Green Rocker cont.)


Ok, so the pictures of my grandmother's green rocker don't quite do it justice.  You are probably thinking J was right about this chair right now. So I thought I would share a little more of Mason's room so you can get the "full effect". 


The "Choo Choo" above his crib are the paperish letters from HL....$1.99 ea., but you know I got those on sale for $1 ea.  Little spray paint and there ya go.



As you can see in the picture above, the bedding is trains, but I didn't want to have just trains so I also played off of the stars in the bedding.  I got these little metal stars on a stick, (I'm not really sure what they were for), and added a magnet to the back and some spray paint and now they hold pictures.


I bought the large star and some paper stars (same as the "choo choo" letters) and spray painted them too.  Then I took some string and hung them from the large star and we have a mobile over the changing table.





I bought all of the star stuff at HL around the Fourth of July and it was all half off. I think we spent around $175 on this room (we already had the furniture) which included the bedding, rug, toy basket, wall paint and all of the accessories. Not bad for an entire new room!

6 comments:

  1. Love the primary colors! Mason was the name I always wanted if we had a little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable.. just like the little guy that lives there...and the green chair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the picture holder! My son's name is Mason and he is a "choo choo" boy as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The star mobile was a great idea! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The star mobile is inspirational, and so simple and cute! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable - I so love all the stars, we did stars in my son's nursery as well, it is still one of my favorite rooms in the house.

    ReplyDelete