Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Chalkboard Door

I have showed this chalkboard before in a post titled "The Big 5", which was about Reagan's 5th b-day.  But since Kerri at A Very Blessed Nest is having a "Free Friday" McLinky Party, I thought it deserved its very own post.  We are in the process of changing out flat wood doors to panel doors through out our house and being the frugal, don't want to get rid of anything kinda person that I am (thanks Dad) we have some of those flat doors in the garage.  So in need of something kinda large on my kitchen wall, I thought what better than a chalkboard?  So I pulled a door from the garage and painted it with some chalkboard paint.  J put some baseboard trim around it and ta-da, a FREE chalkboard!  Do you have something free and fabulous?  Come join the party at AVery Blessed Nest!

15 comments:

  1. I love the shape and the size of this one! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out!!! I'll be at FREE FRIDAY and you know I love the chalkboard. I never did get my door from you LOL! O well I know where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! love the baseboard trim idea :)

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I can't wait to make one of these...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE me a good chalkboard!
    Thanks for sharing today. Thank you also for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!
    ~Hugs~
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm so glad you stopped by! This idea is fabulous - I happen to be a music teacher, too, so I love your cute little notes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very creative.... Can't let good things go to waste..

    Thanks for joining "Get your Craft on Thurs." I hope you can join me next week.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the size of that thing!!! My kids would go crazy over it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the door on the wall... great focal point... great verse too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous idea! You had the perfect space for it too! My kids would love something large like that to draw on!

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours day! I'm looking forward to seeing more great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so in love with chalkboard paint. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea, I love it! I grew up with a big chalkboard in our house. It was in the hallway that led to all of our bedrooms and we used it all the time. Once there were grandchildren they continued to love my parent's big chalkboard and I was lucky enough to inherit it! Yours is very nice and what a clever way to recycle a door!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love chalkboards and this one is fabulous! And what a fabulous way to repurpose a door too! Thanks for sharing and for linkin' up to Frugalicious Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the long shape of this--very useful. Thanks for lining up. I hope you continue to join me on Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete