Monday, January 18, 2010

Reformed Dresser


I was looking for a dresser to put beside my front door for a few weeks and walked in Goodwill the other day and low and behold there it was (not sure why I was surprised, I always find great stuff there).  I quickly went to the counter to pay so they would hold it for me.  The price sticker said $30, but guess what, it was 1/2 off weekend.  Yes, I got this for $15.  As the Nester would say, "hate me".   I painted it the creamy white that I painted my bookcase (earlier post) and painted the handles with oil rubbed bronze spray paint.  Now that I have bragged about what a deal I got, I need some suggestions with the picture frames.  I was thinking creamy white with black matts.  What do you think???



Ok, so I finally did paint those picture frames and put some pictures in them.....I know you'll sleep better tonight knowing that! ;)

15 comments:

  1. I agree creamy white with black matts!!! Looks awesome and yes I do hate you for the 15$ price tag, doesn't it feel good to be hated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bargain!
    Looks so pretty in creamy white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love me some white distressed furniture..
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks SO great! Why can't I ever find deals like that at my Goodwill??
    The space looks so cozy with all your accents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't paint the best invention ever??? LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks great in white! I can't wait to go to my goodwill tomorrow. I haven't been thrifting in a while and I'm hoping to find something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great deal! It turned out wonderful. My Goodwill has crap as far as furniture or I'm just hitting it on the wrong days for that type of thing. I'll keep looking though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creamy beauty! Looks great. I'd love for you to share this at my Power of Paint Party... hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hate you.... just kidding!!! Love that reDo-what a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I love a good Goodwill!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic piece- I love the little design on the front in the wood. It turned out great!

    Thanks for taking part in Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family! Don't forget to come back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooo much better. I like floral furniture, but this had clearly been floral for too many years and needed a change. The fresh coat of white paint and new hardware was perfect.

    ReplyDelete