Friday, January 22, 2010

Bathroom On a Budget

Sadly I don't have a before pic of this bathroom, but it was not pretty, trust me.  We got a new sink & cabinet on clearance as a floor model at Home Depot for about $70.  J did some work on Jacob and Kerri's yard and they traded us a pedistal sink (in another bathroom) and we used the faucet off of it.  We laid new floor and painted the top half of the walls, then the biggest part of it was done.





On to the fun part, decorating!  Even though this is the kids bathroom I wanted something not too "kiddish" since it is also the guest bathroom.  I have had this green and cream shower curtain for several years and that is what I started with.  I found this carnival print fabric at Hobby Lobby and loved it.  It is gender neutral enough for Reagan and Mason and doesn't scream rubber ducky (I really dont have anything against ducks, just not the look I was going for).  All I did was sew the carnival print fabric with the pom pom trim to the bottom of the shower curtain.  By adding length to the shower curtain, I was able to raise it almost to the ceiling, which makes the bathroom look SO much bigger; try it you will be surprised.  I also already had most of the accessories; picture frame, wire basket with tissue paper and books, shelf and the canisters.  The only accessories I bought were the "R" and "M" towel hooks, which of course came from Hobby Lobby.   My advise; spice up what you have, bargain and barter for what you don't!






11 comments:

  1. Very cute, you have inspired me. My guest bathroom is so LAME! and we won't even begin to mention my Master. Luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! =) I wanna SEW something now. My brand new machine is still in the box under the office desk....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea...hanging the curtain close to the ceiling & adding some fabric to the bottom. I'm in the process of remodeling my daughters bathroom & think I might do this. By the way, your bathroom looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet touches! I really like the 2 tone effect on the shower curtain too. And that metal basket ROCKED. My kinda detail. :)

    Thanks for linking up to SNS!
    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah -looks great!! I really need to learn to sew...I especially lve the bathroom reading material!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! From the fabric to the wire holder on the back of the toilet. I love the pictures you did of the kids, too. Fits right in with "their" bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas!!!

    You can see my DIY project here...
    http://bethouaknight.blogspot.com/2010/01/liannas-labels-debut-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fabric choice and the pics of your kids are adorable... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute re-do!

    What caught my eye most, though, are your kids names. My oldest daughter is Raegan, and my newest nephew is Mason!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks wonderful! I love the shower curtain fabric, the wall cubby, and the monogram hooks. Great job!

    ReplyDelete