Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Chandeliers Out My Ears!


{1 of 2 old fans minus the glass globes}

I have been wanting and waiting to replace the fans in my living room and kitchen since the day we moved in our house almost 2 1/2 years ago.  The living room is long and has  had 2 ceiling fans.  The delimma I faced was do I put 1 large light in the middle or 2 lights back in the place of the fans?  I really didn't want fans again and didn't want huge flush mounts either.  So I was in Lowe's the other night for the 1,000th time and nothing I saw really "struck my fancy" if you know what I mean, so I walked out empty handed yet again.  The next day I was in Goodwill and walked back to the house ware section and low and behold there were 2 matching chandeliers just sitting there waiting for me! I looked for a price and you wont believe this, $30 for both!!! What are the odds?!?!?!  I couldn't believe it, just the night before I was ready to buy something in Lowe's and would have spent at least twice that much on 1 light.  With chandeliers in hand I thanked the Lord for that blessing all the way to my car!!  The next day I was in the Habitat Store and found another light for my kitchen, $5!! 

                                                    {my new chandeliers}

The only problem with this light for the kitchen was that I had just bought one off of Craigslist about a month ago and J had painted (it was originally green) and hung it up already.  I was a little reluctant when he brought the first light home because it was larger and more ornate than it looked in the Craigslist picture.  I knew he would not want to re-hang another light in the kitchen and 2 new ones in the living room, but with a little convincing that this new $5 light would fit the space and our style much better, my ever so sweet husband hung yet another light.  Love him :)



{Craigslist chandelier $20-originally replaced kitchen fan}

Keep this Craigslist chandelier in mind, I'll tell you more about it in a minute.  So below is the new kitchen chandelier and the living room chandeliers.  I debated on painting them or not but in the end decided they would look better with everything else in my house if they were black.  Especially the kitchen light, it's finish wasn't in the best shape, but nothing a can of spray paint couldn't fix! Gotta love spray paint!

                                                                   

                  {new $5 Habitat Store kitchen chandelier}

Now that I look at this picture I see how badly my ceiling needs to be re-painted and yes I will be taking the plastic off of the shades ;)


{2 new $30 Goodwill chandeliers}

One last thing; the Craigslist chandelier I showed you earlier, Kerri and I did another swap so check back to see what I traded for and what she does with her new chandelier!

15 comments:

  1. They look fantastic. What a fabulous deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, can't wait to hang the one you traded me. I'm working on the hubbs. He really doesn't care that I am waiting to post our swap! HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. See you were meant to NOT find anything in Lowe's! I love when things like that happens ~ it always makes me think it was meant to be. Great finds in Goodwill, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!! (Them...LOL)

    sorry about the double post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful transformations. I love all the chandeliers. I wish our goodwill had items like these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! I can't ever find good things like that at my local Goodwill either. I keep looking though. By the way, I was inspired to start a blog after chatting with you. I even have a link to your blog on my post today. Check it out when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love it! I never find anything at goodwill...guess I need to look harder... =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds! They turned out great with a little paint.

    Thanks for taking part in Talented Tuesday at My Frugal Family! Don't forget to come back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww... they look so much better! great job.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow those look soooooo much better than the ceiling fans!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SCORE! Having a bit of chandelier jealousy! Thanks for sharing at POPP.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too cool! Great deals! Love a deal!

    ReplyDelete